PE and Sport Premium
Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
PE & Sports Premium Grant Expenditure Report 2017-2018
The PE & Sports Premium is additional funding to help schools to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
Who is eligible?
Schools receive PE and sport premium funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6.
How can the PE & Sports Premium be spent?
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport you offer.
This means that you should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Hamp Academy PE department has achieved School Games Gold award for 2017/18.
This is awarded for our commitment, engagement and delivery of competitive school sport, this is a great achievement and progress from our silver award from last year.
Well done to all the staff and pupils who have made this possible.
Mr Sutton (PE Coach)