We have taught the following concepts:
- Number and place value including reading and writing numbers; ordering and comparing numbers; rounding; and negative numbers
- Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Order of operations (BIDMAS)
- Multiplying and dividing by 10, 100, 1000
- Prime numbers
- Factors, multiples, square numbers, cube numbers
- Fractions, decimals and percentages
- Converting between standard units of measure
- Area and volume
- Position and direction on a coordinate grid
- 2D and 3D shapes
The children will be set maths tasks on the Hegarty Maths website every week.
- Hegarty maths is a collection of excellent video resources, students should watch the video, and make notes.
- The video will set questions at certain points, students should pause the video, and then attempt those questions.
- After watching the video, students can then attempt the tasks. You can still use the video, and the video itself has a model similar to the questions asked.
Home support guide: https://hegartymaths.com/files/student-guide.pdf